6 stupid mistakes to avoid
Date night was fun, the sex was great and now you’re cuddling. You mind starts drifting to your happy place and you start telling her about the new racer bike you saw in the window display.
Suddenly she seems annoyed and you have no idea why. But it’s clear your night has gone pear-shaped. Where did it all go wrong? According to yourtango.com you might have made one of the following mistakes:
1. Not paying attention. If she’s having an important conversation with you it’s downright rude to watch TV, read, or mess around on your phone. Listen to her and engage in the conversation.
2. Stop pretending she’s not your girlfriend. Have you had sober sex on several occasions? Do you spend the night? Do you go to restaurants together? Does your best friend know about her? Are you the same stuff with anyone else? Buddy, you have a girlfriend.
Buy her flowers. It might sound silly, but it’s a cool thing to do.
4. Don’t act like a jealous douche. Showing improper levels of jealousy is not attractive. Some light jealousy is fine, natural and sometimes flattering. But telling her what to do and driving four hours to punch John Goodlooking in his stupid face is cause for concern.
5. Quit trying to look cool in front of your friends. If you’re mean to her in front of your buddies, they will not respect her, and frankly, you shouldn’t respect yourself.
6. Don’t insist on a level of grooming that you are in no way prepared to reciprocate. Rather opt for ‘I’m with you honey, I’m not waxing my junk’.