Heating it up with Marike
Marike Wessels likes beach volleyball, tennis and powerheated yoga… We wouldn’t mind getting hot with her!
1. When and how did you get into modelling?
I started modeling two years ago. After I completed my studies in Stellenbosch I got scouted in Cape Town. I decided to join an agency and my career took off.
2. What agency Are you currently with?
I am currently with Full Circle Models in Cape Town.
3. Best job you’ve ever done?
I have done many wonderful jobs. I was extremely fortunate to meet Stella McCartney on a job I did in London.
4. What are the biggest misperceptions that people have of models?
Most people think models are just pretty faces with no appetite and no brains – completely wrong! We all differ! Yes, we have an amazing job and we are fortunate, but still at times it is extremely hard . This industry is one of THE most extreme. One needs to be able to stand your ground, and coming from a respectable family with high morals and a good education – helps me every single day.
5. Worst pick up line ever?
” How is the Weather Up there” hahaha hilarious ! I am tall and I love it !
6. What do you look for in a guy?
I look for a gentleman. A guy that treats his girl like gold and respects her. Definitely a guy that is mature and can teach and show me things.
7. What, in a guy, puts you off?
Bad teeth, ugly hands, and perverted men.
8. How do you handle all the attention you get from guys?
In this industry we are exposed to many nice and not so nice people. I handle good attention in the correct manner, bad attention will definitely be put down.
9. What do you do to stay in shape?
I eat well, I train every single day, I do heated power yoga. I have a trainer and play some sports like tennis and volley in summer.
10. Describe your perfect night out?
My perfect night out would be with family I love, good friends , all the people that make me who I am and bring joy to my life. We could be anywhere – as long as we are all together I am happy.
11. Worst date you’ve ever been on?
Worst date – Ha ! I have not been on many dates as I don’t put myself in uncomfortable situations. But the few I have been on – all lovely !
12. Choose: Dinner and a movie/Drinks and clubbing/Staying at home
Dinner and a Movie
13. Favourite movie?
Forrest Gump – life is like a box of chocolates… You never know what you will get.
14. Favourite book?
15. Favourite car?
Range rover sport – Black
16. Favourite food?
My latest recipe – Cream chick pea and avocado salad
17. Have you read 50 Shades of Grey?
I am currently busy reading it.
18. Ever been part of the mile high club?
19. Has anyone ever offered you a ridiculous amount of money for some “special attention?”
20. Favourite place to go on holiday?
I still want to visit Thailand